9th Annual A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge New Course Announced, Register Today!
Mark Your Calendar for October 7, 2020 in Portage County
Community Insurance Corporation, along with the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation is excited to announce their 9th Annual A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge, which will be held Wednesday, October 7, 2020 in Portage County.
The event will be held at the Portage County Sheriff’s Department Rifle Range, 2001 Willow Spring Drive, Stevens Point, Wisconsin (See 2019 photos here from Portage County!)
In 2020, the Challenge Course has been modified to include new physical challenges. The event itinerary includes:
9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Mandatory instruction for all competitors
(If competitors fail to attend the mandatory instruction they will not be allowed to compete.)
- Competition begins rain or shine!
Challenge Course Details
- Competitor will run 200 yards, scaling a 4-foot wall 20 yards after beginning the run and scaling again the last 20 yards of the run; and
- Competitor will then fire his/her rifle 5 times at a target 100 yards down range. The rifle will be staged at the firing line; and
- Competitor will then advance the target and fire his/her rifle 5 times at a target 25 yards away; and
- Competitor will then run an additional 50 yards, dragging a 150 pound dummy the last 25 yards, with his/her rifle on their person; and
- Competitor will then fire his/her service pistol at a target 5 yards away while standing, using their non dominant/weak hand to fire 3 times, then reload and fire at a target 15 yards away 3 times while standing; and
- Competitor will reload and fire again 3 times while standing at a target 25 yards away; and
- Once finished competitor will holster his/her pistol and run 50 yards with a dummy drag of 25 yards and engage a target with his/her rifle at 5 yards, firing 5 times. The course is then complete.
- Note: Magazine for the rifle will be staged at the firing line. Competitor's rifle will be on his/her person while shooting the pistol. At no time will competitor be allowed to place his/her rifle on the ground. Competitor may shoot his/her rifle from any position with the aid of optics, bipods or shooting stick and must run with same.
- 100 points to complete course in 90 seconds or less. For every second over 90 a point will be deducted.
- 240 points total for shooting. Maximum point per shot is 10. The total shots fired is 24.
- All competitor’s will wear a bullet proof vest when competing.
- While shooting eye and ear protection is required.
- Attire will be competitor’s discretion. Uniform not required.
- Handgun must be holstered. Duty belt not required.
- Competitor will have three magazines or two speed loaders with 9 rounds of ammunition.
- Handgun must be primary duty weapon optics optional.
- Caliber of handgun must be suitable for Law Enforcement.
- Rifle must be 22 caliber center fire or larger.
- Suppressor, bipods , shooting sticks and slings as well as any other rest are allowed. Please note that you must run with any rest you intend to use as well as shoot your handgun during competition without placing same on the ground.
- Competitor will have three magazines with fifteen rounds of ammunition.
- Targets are from Qualification Target, Hammond, WI and may be viewed online.
- Target is a BT5-OPD. The 10 portion of the target will remain 10 points. The 9 portion will be 10 points. The 8 portion of the target has been reduced to 5 points. All other remaining portions will be 2 points.
- Competitor WILL NOT compete in the order that they register. Competitor’s name will be placed in a hat and drawn to determine the order in which they compete.
Who Can Compete and Attend?
- Competitor must be a client of Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation or Community Insurance Corporation.
- Only one competitor is allowed per department. However, there is no limit to attendees from a department.
- Lunch will be provided to all attendees.
Prizes to Winning Departments
The top three competitors' departments will receive a check made out to the department to be used at their discretion.
- 1st Place $10,000
- 2nd Place $8000
- 3rd Place $6000
Prizes to Individual Competitors
Competitors will receive a check from Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation/Community Insurance Corporation, along with a plaque. A 1099 will be issued at a later date.
- 1st Place $1200
- 2nd Place $1000
- 3rd Place. $800
Please contact Bruce Scott of Aegis Corporation to register or for additional questions. Bruce can be reached via email here or at 414.491.1656.