Apply Today for 2020 A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge Grants!
To continue our support of our member law enforcement agencies and in the wake of the cancellation of our 2020 A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge, Community Insurance Corporation (CIC) has established the 2020 Challenge Grants.
The 2020 Challenge Grants are funded with the allocated prize money for the 2020 Law Enforcement Challenge - a total of $27,000.
To be eligible for the 2020 Challenge Grants, grantees must:
- Hold an active CIC General Liability insurance policy on November 1, 2020;
- Meet the definition of a "law enforcement agency" as outlined in Wis. Stat. 165;
- Complete, sign, and submit the "2020 A.L.E.R.T. Challenge Grants Application."
Law enforcement agencies are welcome to apply for Challenge Grants monies towards:
- Equipment/Technology/PPE (NO firearms or non/less-lethal alternatives [i.e. Tasers])
- Community awareness campaigns
- Mental health and wellness
- Other innovative ideas/programs
All prospective grantees must complete the "2020 A.L.E.R.T. Challenge Grants Application." It is suggested that prospective grantees provide supplemental information as attachments to the application that will benefit the reviewers' understanding of your request. Completed applications must be signed by the person completing the form AND the Sheriff, Chief, or Commanding Officer.
An insured agency may only submit one application.
Completed applications should be submitted to Josh Dirkse, Director of Client Services, via email by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 30, 2020.
Grants will be awarded by the CIC/County Mutual Loss Prevention/Workers' Compensation Advisory Committee on Thursday, December 3rd, 2020. Community Insurance Corporation cannot guarantee award of the full amount for which you are requesting. Grant winners will be notified following the meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the 2020 Challenge Grants, please contact Josh Dirkse, Director of Client Services, via email or phone at 800-236-6885.