Register Online for 2017 Highway Safety Days
Choose From Seven Locations and Dates
Plan to participate in the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation and Community Insurance Corporation's 2017 Annual Highway Safety Days.
The event, held at seven separate locations on seven different dates, will be a day of learning and networking for county and municipal employees. Sponsored by Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation and Community Insurance Corporation, Highway Safety Days will include training from industry leaders and provide solutions to hazards you face.
TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR ANY OF THE SEVEN DATES AND LOCATIONS, CLICK HERE.
MAY 2, 2017: UW-Platteville, Platteville
Ullsvik Hall & Markee Pioneer Student Center 1 University Plaza, Platteville, WI 53818
MAY 3, 2017: Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells
45 Hillman Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
MAY 9, 2017: Holiday Inn, Stevens Point
1001 Amber Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54482
MAY 10, 2017: Bridgewood Resort, Neenah
1000 Cameron Way, Neenah, WI 54956
MAY 11, 2017: Forest County - Crandon Community Center
601 West Washington Street, Crandon, WI 54520
MAY 17, 2017: Heartwood Conference Center, Trego
N10884 Hoinville Road, Trego, WI 54888
MAY 24, 2017: Ozaukee County Fairgrounds, Cedarburg
W67 N866 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg, WI 53012
- Miner’s Rights, MSHA and “Rules to Live By, Fatalities” (1 hour)
- Accident Reconstruction (1 hour)
- First Aid / CPR & Bloodborne Pathogens (1 hour)
- Fall Protection, Walking/Working Surfaces & Slips/Trips/Falls (1 hour)
- Back Injury Prevention, Work Smarter vs. Work Harder by Using Power Positions (1 hour)
- Heavy Equipment Safety: Front End Loaders, Skid Steers, Graders (1 hour)
- Safety Jeopardy (1/2 hour)
- Decrease Risk of Repetitive Job Function Injuries to Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Shoulder; Pre-Work Stretching & Warmups (1 hour)
- Bob Emmerich, PE, CHST, CET, President, Safe-Con, LLC
- Wisconsin State Patrol
- Bryan Chance, BA, BS, CSSM, Risk Management Consultant, County Mutual
- Brian Langenhorst, OTR, CEA, Workfit Solutions, LLC
- Nick Dillon, MAED, MS, Director of Education & Risk Services, Aegis Corporation
- Jessica Schroeder, BS, CSRM, Risk Management Consultant, County Mutual
Participants qualify for 7.5 hours of MSHA Part 46 Annual Refresher Training. MSHA cards will be distributed on the day of training. Please note counties must add WCMIC as a Trainer to their MSHA training plan. A hearing van will be on site to conduct annual audiograms.
For additional information on the 2017 Highway Safety Days, click here to see the full brochure.
NOTE: Please register by Friday, April 15, 2017. In the past several locations have filled quickly, so register today! For questions, please contact Jodi Traas of Aegis Corporation via email or at 800.511.9797.
As a loss control service, there is no charge to County Mutual members. Non-County Mutual members may participate for $100 per person and will only be allowed to register if room is