Sign Your Department Up for 6th Annual Law Enforcement Challenge
New Challenging Course for 2017!
Join Community Insurance Corporation and the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation for our 6th Annual Advanced Law Enforcement Risk Training (A.L.E.R.T.) Law Enforcement Challenge.
October 4, 2017
Portage County Sheriff's Department Range
3001 Willow Spring Drive Stevens Point.
Registration 8:30 a.m.
Competition begins at 9:00 a.m. RAIN OR SHINE!
In 2016, close to 30 member law enforcement departments from around Wisconsin competed at the event.
Each year, a committee of past participants gather to create a new and even more challenging course. In 2016, the revised course involved even more running, dragging additional weight and changes to shooting both rifle and pistol. The 2017 committee has met and the course is revised below:
2017 Course, Rules and Regulations
• Competitor will run 100 yards. During the second 50 yards competitor will drag for 20 yards a 150 pound dummy and continue with the run until completing the 100 yard run.
• Competitor will then shoot a rifle of their choice at a target 70 away with or without optics from a shooting position of their choice.
• Competitor will then run another 100 yards.
• During the second 50 yards of that run, the competitor will scale a 4-foot wall and continue until completing the run.
• Competitor will then fire their service pistol 3 times from a standing barricaded position at a target 7 yards away.
• Competitor will then move forward firing again 3 times from a standing barricaded position at a target 5 yards away.
• 100 points to complete course in thirty seconds or less. For every second over thirty a point will be deducted.
• 110 points total for shooting. Maximum point per shot ten. Total shot's fired eleven.
• Total overall points 210.
• All competitor's will wear a bullet proof vest when competing. Attire will be competitor's discretion. Uniform not required.
• No footwear with cleats will be allowed.
• Rifle will be staged at the firing line. Magazine will be in the magazine well with 5 rounds of ammunition, chamber empty, safety on.
• Competitor will not have to run with their rifle.
• Handgun must be holstered. Duty belt not required. Competitor will have 2 magazines with 3 rounds in each. Handgun must be primary duty weapon optics optional.
• Rifle must be 22 caliber center fire or larger. Suppressor as well as optics are allowed and will also have 5 rounds of ammunition in the magazine. May have a sling attached to the rifle however no bipods, shooting stick's or rest's of any kind.
• While shooting eye and ear protection is required.
• Rifle and Pistol Targets are from Qualification Target, Hammond, WI and may be viewed online.
• Rifle Target BT-5-R/2: The orange portion of the target will be 10 points. However the 9 ring has been reduced to 5 points, the 8 ring has been reduced to 2 points all other rings are reduced to 1 point.
• Pistol Target BT5-OP: The 10 point portion of the target will remain 10 points. The 9 point ring will be reduced to 5 points, the 8 ring has been reduced to 2 points all other remaining rings will be 1 point.
• Important Note for 2017: Competitor WILL NOT compete in the order that they register. Competitor's name will be placed in a hat and drawn to determine the order in which they will compete.
2017 DEPARTMENTAL AND INDIVIDUAL PRIZES
Winners and their departments will receive the following:
Top Five Departments (Prizes awarded directly to departments.)
• First Place: $10,000
• Second Place: $8,000
• Third Place: $6,000
• Fourth Place: $4,000
• Fifth Place: $2,000
Top Five Competitors: (Visa gift cards will be awarded to winners.)
• First Place: $1,200
• Second Place: $1,000
• Third Place: $800
• Fourth Place: $600
• Fifth Place:$400
The A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement challenge is no cost to member law enforcement departments of the County Mutual and Community Insurance Corporation. You must be a member of either the County Mutual or Community Insurance Corporation to compete. In addition, sheriffs, chief deputies, firearms training officers, and law enforcement committee members, as well as chiefs, assistant chiefs, training officers and public safety committee/commission members typically attend this event. However, there is only one competitor allowed per department.
To register for the 2017 A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge or for questions, contact Bruce Scott of Aegis Corporation at email@example.com or 414.491.1656.